Thursday, 26 September 2013

# New Game - Maze Legends: The Beginning





Hi everyone, I am proud of to present my latest game "Maze Legends: The Beginning" which is avaliable in Google Play  (Coming to App Store and Windows Phone Store in November)

In this article I will talk about the game, production, budget and expectations. I hope this article will courage all the indie developers and guide them.






GAME

The game is about solving mazes and avoiding many type of crazy traps and obstacles. It will be the beginning of game series called "Maze Legends", I am loaded up with some crazy ideas. So it is time to be a legend. You can play on Android right now, and it is coming to other app stores soon...

There are 300 unique hand crafted mazes, 50 original traps, 20 legend levels, Unlimited challenge levels and 100 kid levels. Yes, I know incredible amount of content, right. I finished the game 3 times, minimum game play time is 5 hours at your fastest play.

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lazyx.mazelegendsthebeginning
(If you ONLY enjoy the game, please rate and comment to support us).

App Store / Windows Phone Store: Coming around November...

Official Facebook App Page: https://www.facebook.com/MazeLegendsTheBeginning
(Please Like the app page to get all the news)








PRODUCTION

I came up with this game idea around 2 months ago, Production time is around 2 months I can say (Not everyday, just as long as I had free times). I was quite a challenge.

The game made in Unity3D 4+, but the most important part (Level Editor) made with LibGdx / MoribitoTechX. I love LibGDX, so I use it as much as I can, it was impressive help to me. I will continue to improve Mtx framework to make much more impressive level editors in future. Mtx will become more awesome in time.

Level Production
  1. Create a level in Level Editor (Made by LibGDX / Mtx)
  2. Convert to xml file (Auto Converted with Eclipse)
  3. Read Level in Unity3D
  4. Instantiate objects in Unity3D
It was quite easy, lets see the process in action below; (Make it Large to see in HD)







BUDGET

Budget of the game is quite reasonable, I did not spend giant amounts for assets

Universal Budget (This assets purchased for lifetime once, it will be used in all games)
-------------------------------------------

NGUI: $95
EasySave2: $40
SoundManager Pro: $45
Easy Google Play Game Services: $30


Specific Budget (The assets for only this game)
-------------------------------------------

Galaxy SkyBox: $15
Sounds & Musics: $60
Icon/Textrures/Graphics: $100
Other costs: $50

TOTAL: Around ~$450 (Universal and Specific Budget), it is amazingly cheap for such a game. I plan to do some marketing in future, it will cost much more than the total amaount.




GUIDANCE

I hope this article will guide all the developers for  such a project done by a single person. Everything is possible, just determine your skill, outsource what you cannot do, spend some money on right assets. Everything will be alright.


Now lets be a LEGEND!

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lazyx.mazelegendsthebeginning
(If you ONLY enjoy the game, please rate and comment to support us).

App Store / Windows Phone Store: Coming around November...

Official Facebook App Page: https://www.facebook.com/MazeLegendsTheBeginning
(Please Like the app page to get all the news)


Creator, Onur Mete Kaplan
Happy Gaming All :)


2 comments:

  1. Hi Moribito , your tutorials are awesome ... I am a beginner and working on a 2D shooting game. I am having problems with posting scores to facebook. I have no idea on how to start. I posted my query...and received suggestions on "Create a server side application in php" etc. Wld u plz suggest the easiest way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's interesting!


    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Android Application Developer India & Android Application Development Company

    ReplyDelete